Resources for Veterans Impacted by Flooding - Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System


Resources for Veterans Impacted by Flooding

Flooded house

VA and community resources are available for Veterans affected by recent severe weather.

By Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System Public Affairs
Monday, June 10, 2019

National Call Center for Homeless Veterans

Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can call National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 877-424-3838 or chat online at, where trained counselors are ready to talk confidentially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Veterans Crisis Line

For immediate help through a crisis, Veterans or concerned family members or friends of a Veteran can contact the Veterans Crisis Line by calling 1-800-273-8255 and pressing 1, using the online chat, or texting to 838255. These services provide free, confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

VA Social Work Services

VA Social Workers can assist Veterans, family members, and Caregivers in resolving housing, finance, mood, relationship, and physical limitation issues in individual, group, or family treatment, whichever suits your needs. We work with both VA and community programs, linking you to resources and services in support of your treatment goals. Please call 1-888-397-8387 for a referral to an outpatient social worker. 

Red Cross Shelter Information 

Locate Shelter 

Financial Grants for Oklahoma Veterans 

The Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs reports that Veterans who have been impacted by the recent weather may be eligible for a Financial Grant. Visit their website at and click on the "get help" tab to find a service officer or location near you to assist. You can also call 918-781-7766 or 405-523-4000 to locate a service office or location near you. 

Source: Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management

Emergency Housing Assistance

The Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency has Emergency Housing Assistance available to Oklahoma families displaced by recent storms where their home has been left uninhabitable.

OHFA provides grants of up to $1,500 for temporary hotel accommodations and/or security or utility deposits for more permanent housing. To apply for assistance, call (405) 419-8196 to leave a message on OHFA’s housing hotline for the disaster housing grant.

Visit for updates and information on how you can meet with an OHFA representative for application assistance.

Flood Clean-Up 

From now until June 14, 2019, several relief agencies are staffing a free hotline for muck-out, debris removal, and home cleanup from the recent statewide storms and flooding. This hotline will connect survivors with reputable and vetted relief agencies that will assist in debris cleanup and mucking out, as they are able. 

All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the expected overwhelming need. The public may call 800-451-1954 to request help with storm and flooding related cleanup. Those requests will be shared with relief organizations at 

Samaritan’s Purse

Samaritan’s Purse is offering services at Southeast Baptist Church, 2511 E. Hancock in Muskogee.  You can go by the church or call them at 918-348-1285.  The services they offer include: helping to clean out affected residences, removing damaged drywall, pressure washing, mold suppression, as well as help with recovery of personal belongings from flooded residences.

Muskogee Masonic Lodge

The Muskogee Masonic Lodge, 121 South 6th St. West, is offering clothing for those affected by flooding. Contact them at 918-685-0352. 

Prevention of Injury and Illness After the Storm

The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) reminds residents to take safety precautions when cleaning up after a disaster. During the May 2013 tornadoes, about half of the injuries occurred during cleanup. The following tips to prevent illnesses and injuries are recommended by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Learn More

FEMA Flood Resource Center: Fort Gibson High School, 500 South Ross

• Registering individuals for financial assistance
• Providing  community assistance
• Planning to visit VA and provide information sometime this week

Hours are 9 a.m. -7 p.m.

More Info: Kay Kimler, FEMA Lead, 609-864-8029.

To apply for disaster assistance, individuals and business owners in Muskogee, Tulsa and Wagoner counties may call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or go online at

FEMA Flood Resource Center: Webbers Falls City Hall, 417 N Highway 100

More Info: Manny Walker, FEMA Lead, 717-649-4531

To apply for disaster assistance, individuals and business owners in Muskogee, Tulsa and Wagoner counties may call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or go online at

Additional Resources:  

2-1-1 Community Resource Line: Call to report damages to home impacted by the recent storms

Red Cross: (State) 405-228-9500; (Ti;sa) 918-831-1166

Salvation Army:  (Tulsa) 918-582-7201 or 918-587-7801


Get Updates

Subscribe to Receive
Email Updates